Monday, May 24, 2010

Wisdom at the Crossroads


I couldn't resist adding a little tidbit from this mornings devotions. The passage I was reading today was from Proverbs 8:1-19. I was struck by the first two verses which seem to imply that wisdom is found at the crossroads. See for yourself:

"Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gates leading into the city, at the entrances, she cries aloud..." Proverbs 8:1-3

That imagery speaks to me of transition. Look at the imagery "where paths meet", "beside the gates leading into the city", "at the entrances". All of those things sound like thresholds to me, new beginnings where you can see the old, and look forward towards the new. I was very excited to read that verse this morning and I truly hope to discover some new found wisdom at this particular crossroads in my life. I say bring it on!

No comments: